Tuesday, June 18, 2013

6/18/2013: Another temple trip, and the scent of transfers are in the air


Howdy,

This last week has been pretty decent. We were able to help several of the potential investigators we were working with last week become investigators, and one of them is even a progressing investigator now. We have a few appointments set up, though most everything was scheduled for next week. No clue why everyone seems to be so busy this week. :P

An English class student who expressed interest in coming to the English ward had an interesting lesson last Thursday with us. It wasn't the most fluent or prepared lesson, but it went OK. The really interesting part in it was when another new student came into the class 30 mins early and ended up joining our lesson. The new student seemed to have interest in our believe of God, so we're hoping to speak with him and invite him to learn from us about the church.

We've taken some time to create new English boards to put outside the church. They're not done yet (sadly they're taking longer than we'd intended), but when they're done I think they'll have a much better effect than the old moldy beat up ones.

We've spent a lot of our other time listening to old talks by Elder Holland (mostly from the 1980). It's been really enjoyable to listen to him, though I think I've got so many captivating stories and principals floating around in my head right now that it may just explode... or at least that's where this migraine seems to be headed (no pun intended ;) ). Thankfully a nice temple trip helped to relieve some of the headache. But if my letters this week seem a little out of wack... well now you know why. :)

With such a big transfer coming up just around the corner I'm anxious to see who's going to be on what side of the mission split. I feel much like I did when I was waiting for my mission call to come in the mail so many months ago. I'm happy to go where ever, I just want to know. @_@ I'm going to be trying to really buckle down and work hard in hopes that this week will fly by. We have something planned almost everyday of the week, so that should hopefully help.

Love, 

Elder Jeff Mosdell

ジェッフ モスデル

As a side note, Jeff is lamenting being an "old missionary" he says "I managed to finish wearing all the way through my back tire. Thankfully no accidents or anything, but I'm going to need to replace the tread...   darn, I'm an old missionary"
He will be home in 4 to 5 months depending on which mission he is in when the split happens on July 1st.  The last transfer before the split is next week so we should know more then.

No comments:

Post a Comment