Monday, June 17, 2013

5/14/2013: Transfer 12, Elder Mosdell packs his bags and joins the navy... in Yokosuka!


Wow, what a great last week in Fussa. I've loved working with both the American and the Japanese wards, and getting to know the people. I've made a lot of friends in Fussa. I'm excited to get to go to another base and work with the people there. I'm also excited to work with Elder H., I remember him being a great missionary from when he was in our district, as well as a really fun person. I've heard that the Bishop of the English ward has expressed that he'd like to achieve over 100 people at Eikaiwa, and I'm excited that that will be our focus this transfer (seeing how that's my favorite finding method ;D ).

As for investigators from Fussa:

Sister H. was able to receive baptism on the 11th, and was also confirmed the same day. It was a wonderful baptismal service, almost the entire ward was able to attend. The best part was how big of a change there was in her after she was confirmed. She was FAR happier, less worried, and you could see her countenance glowing. An absolutely wonderful baptism. She was SO afraid of the water though and resisted going under the water the first time, so we had to do it again. Luckily however the second time was MUCH smoother, and she went all the way under. Sadly her son that we've been trying to work with didn't come to the baptismal service because he got injured at sports night the previous Thursday. :\

(Another investigator) is now out of town, and it looks like he won't be able to make the 1st of June as we had originally planned, however just pushing it back a single week should be enough I think, provided that he comes to church the first weekend he's back in town for. His wife is now coming to church every week as well, so I'm not too worried about him since he's got a great support system.

N. called us, since Brother M. is out of town, and told us she wants to meet again. Sadly she also told us that her and her family will be moving back to Peru soonish. I'm hoping that Elder S. and Elder R. will be able to help her find the church in Peru, and continue learning there. Here's hoping!

 

Elder H. has been great, and I've really enjoyed Yokosuka thus far. Everything is extremely close, as in like a 5ish minute walk to almost everything we do. The area is the most Urban area I've served in yet, although still far from being as populated as Shibuya or the like.

Like I said before, this last week has possibly been the best in my mission what a great week! I look forward to emailing again next week, on Yokosuka!


love, 

 -Jeff


ジェッフ モスデル

No comments:

Post a Comment