Monday, June 17, 2013

6/10/2013: Elder Mosdell goes to the beach


Howdy!

This week has been fun, and busy. We went on splits twice as well as attend the Ringwood conference. I really enjoyed the talks and training given at the conference, they answered a lot of questions I've had lately. What stuck out the most to me was the phrase, "I just do the work, I don't need to see the results". I've found that to be a very helpful with the lack of success we've been seeing. Another thing I like is how this phrase fits perfectly with the "Expect Miracles" slogan our zone (mission?) has had this last transfer as well. At first they sound kind of contradictory, until you realize that you expect miracle to happen from the work you're doing, but that doesn't mean you'll SEE those miracles, just that they'll happen. Thus we work hard, expecting miracles to come of our work, but don't care of see the results.

As soon as I started applying what I'd learned to my work we started seeing a lot of little miracles, which I found be very ironic. Today was even one of the best days of this transfer, with 1 member present lesson, 1 other lesson, a total of 2 referrals received, with 1 contacted and 1 planned for next Wednesday, 2 new investigators, and 1 person at church. Freakin' awesome day! Wish I had enough time to mention specifics about people we've seen today!

I heard from Elder S. in Fussa that (our investigator) didn't make it to church again this week, so his baptismal date will be moved back to the 29th, the day of transfer calls. >.< I'm really praying that it happens by then, because I don't want to miss out on keeping my promise of coming for the baptism if I was to end up getting transferred to the north mission boundries.

I'm excited for the Eikaiwa student that came to church yesterday, he really seemed to have some interest!

 Sorry this is a bit shorter this week, little short on time due to the amount of time we spent at the beach with the zone... Hopefully I'm not too burned >.<

Guess that's all for this week! Thanks for reading it... again... as always... yeah...

-Elder Mosdell

ジェッフ モスデル


No comments:

Post a Comment