Saturday, February 18, 2012

Extra email this week.

This week has been a bit wacky.  I got an email from Jeff yesterday afternoon in response to an email that I sent him and to the mission office.  Of course President Albrecth called Jeff right away to make sure he took time to read my message and respond.  That was nice and it helped to lighten my heart.  At this point I'm getting a package ready to ship to Japan with the necessary things to make chocolate chip cookies, sweaters and thermals (because my poor son is freezing his tail off with no central heat), some Valentine's candy and a few things from a good friend of his.  At first I thought I'd have trouble filling the box and getting it close to weight, but now I'm sure it will be close enough to weight and full enough of love and silliness to make his day.  This makes me happy.

In a semi unrelated side note, I am reminded of a day when I baked some cookies using the store bought cookie dough that comes in a plastic tube with clamps at each end.  I don't know what I was thinking, that stuff is only good to eat BEFORE you bake it, but what ever.  Jeff came home and promptly popped one in his mouth.  The look on his face was priceless!  He was disgusted! "Oh, MOTHER!" he said, "This is awful! I thought these were your home made cookies, what are you feeding me this junk for?!?!" 

I love that kid. 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment