Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This week's package? Cookies!

As per request I'm sending the boy some home made cookies this week. 
Chocolate/chocolate chip/white chip.  He's also getting a rather large stack of letters and some various silliness.  I've only got a couple of weeks left to send him packages before it starts costing nearly 9 times as much to send a package about 1/3 the size.  8/

I haven't gotten a letter yet this week, not sure that I will because of various craziness happening (you know how life gets) but again I have some info supplied by one of his friends. By way of explanation Choro is what the Japanese call the elders instead of elder, so Jeff is Mosdell Choro rather than Elder Mosdell.  Shibuta San (Andrus Kyodai) is, I believe, their investigator that they have been practicing with in the MTC.  So, here is a few interesting bits from a letter Jeff wrote last week (postmarked Jan. 6th) which were shared with me:

"I can hardly believe that it's 2012 already, if you only look at years, I come home next year! It's crazy to think that I've been here almost two full months!

My holidays were pretty good, New Years was...interesting. There were a lot of elders that tried to party all night, thankfully not my zone.

Elder Bednar was wonderful! I really hope we get one more 1st pres. to come before I leave, it was super inspirational. There's only two rooms of kohai on our residence floor, and I don't see one of them often.  In the room next to us is James Choro, Kim Choro, Larsen Choro, and the elder from Brazil...I don't know how to spell his name.

Justin left just this last week, and I'm super jealous of his less than 3 week stay. I have a 4x as long stay...

We had a HUGE lesson with Shibuta San (Andrus Kyodai) yesterday (1/5/12). He's been getting less and less actively progressing, but we really nailed him with our lesson, and GUESS WHAT?! I bore an amazing testimony to him, IN Japanese!"

No comments:

Post a Comment