Tuesday, January 24, 2012

3 hour layover in Seattle

Well, we got short letters, a photo copy of the travel itinerary, and an SD photo card in the mail today. 

Jeff's letter to me was semi incoherent.  I'm guessing that has something to do with the language difference.  From what we could figure out he wants me to send his replacement shirts, he loved the stories that I copied and sent him from Elder Brimhall's blog, he doesn't want me to send him any more paper even though he's almost out because it's really cheap in Japan, and he's still nervous about flying. 

There should be more info in a few days because Jeff has one last pday in Provo.  After that things will be a bit spotty until he gets a routine established in Tokyo.

From the itinerary we have more information about what times he may be calling home on Monday next week.  Jeff's flight leaves SLC at 8:30 AM and lands in Seattle at 9:45 (10:45 our time)  his next flight leaves Seattle at 1:05 (2:05 our time) and lands in Tokyo at 4:45 PM (12:45 AM our time) on Jan 31st.  Why am I telling you this? Because I will not be taking calls from anyone but Jeff from 4 to 8:30AM and 10:45AM to 2:00PM on Monday.  Just don't even bother calling me between those hours.

41 images on the photo card!  We had bit of a problem getting the photos off the card which made me sick and I even cried (the computer said that the file was empty and the camera said that the card was not usable).  The good news is I married a geek. He saved the day.  Again.  I'll be posting photos as soon as I look through them, so be looking for that very soon! Once Jeff is in Japan he will just upload photos to what ever site his dad sets up for that purpose and there will be no more of this lost card/dead card stuff.  Again with the geek man saving the day.  It is the main theme here folks. 8)

OH, one last thing.  If you would like to write a letter to Elder Mosdell and have it be at the mission home when he gets there on Tuesday NOW is the time to do it.  Postage to Japan is $1.05 and it takes 5 to 7 days to arrive.  Please write him as often as you can, he would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment