Sunday, July 14, 2013

7/15/2013: November 19th

Howdy all!

Well, transfer calls were supposed to come last Saturday and then be followed by transfers today, however President Wada has decided to rearrange the way we do transfers from here on out. From now on calls will come on Tuesdays, and transfers will be that next Thursday. Good news there is that transfers won't push P-day back ever again. :D So from here on out I'll be able to email every Monday!

I'm glad to have one more P-day to spend trying to get the apartment really clean and organized so that if someone transfers the next missionary can come into a nice looking apartment, instead of a dusty, moldy one. Hopefully we'll be unified in getting it done today...

One of the APs called and informed me of my new returning date. As many of you may have already guessed, it's Tuesday Nov. 19th, 2013. I'm glad to get to serve exactly to the 1 year anniversary of Brother T's baptism in Tama! I don't know if he'll be able to go to the temple before I go home, but I'm hoping something will work out. Also, it seems that I'll be here for another of my cousin's baptism (in Fussa) which is a pleasant surprise. :)

We haven't had a chance to meet with the Nagaii family, or the Hawkington family, though we have a lesson today with the Nagaiis, and we're planning to go visit the Hawkingtons sometime this week as well. I'm excited for both. :)
The work here in Yokosuka has been great lately, we've been getting to know the English Ward members better as well as helping the ward council with ideas of how to set a missionary example for the rest of the ward. There's also been a pretty big push from the Japanese Branch to really strive for the number of ward members to grow instead of diminish over the next few months (the two main families from the branch are moving).  We're going to be going with some of the Elder's quorum leaders out to visit every Less active we have on our lists and seeing if a.) they actually live there, and b.) If they're interested in having visits from the missionaries and other members. I'm hoping we'll find a lot of inactive members who will see how much they are needed, and start coming back. I'm praying that whom ever I'm with next transfer (whether it's Elder H again or not) is going to be willing to really buckle down and work hard through the summer. There's a lot of work that can be done in Yokosuka, the area just needs a united set missionaries who are willing to do it.

I guess that's it for this week! I'll be sure to get all the photos up of this transfer next week! (I have to "steal" several from Elder H first). Have a great week all!
-Elder Jeff Mosdell

No comments:

Post a Comment