Friday, November 9, 2012

Finally more photos!

Yet another crazy week here and in Japan! Our email from Jeff was late so that makes this post even later. He's doing well and is very excited for the work they are accomplishing. We do have some photos from last week, but not this week. And emails for the next two weeks are going to be late due to temple day and transfers. Here is an excerpt from his email.

"Odds are I'm going to transfer in two weeks. No official word yet, but 4 transfers is a long time for someone to stay in an area, and I'm coming to the close of #4. Also, I'll be at the 1/2 way point in my mission and I'm still in my second area, which is also very rare. :) 3rdly, I'm on transfer 3 with Elder O, and as of yet there hasn't been a companionship that has stayed for 4 transfers together in like 3 years, so I don't think it'll happen. :) I suppose it could, but I don't think it will, it's far more likely that I'll be packing my bags and dealing with the messy paperwork of being a foreigner and moving in Japan... gross >.<

This past week has been another fun, busy, and crazy fast week. I'm surprised that it's over already, and that we're now almost a full week into November.

We were able to meet with ________ a few times this week, and everything seems to be going great for him! Sadly he had to go to work again this last Sunday, and so was not able to come to Church or meet with us, but he has still come enough times to be baptised. We're having his interview on Tuesday this week, and then he'll be baptised on the 11th (this coming Sunday). I'm super excited for him, and for Elder O to get his first start to finish baptism. ________ was truly prepared for baptism. We went over the questions with him yesterday to prepare him for the interview, and he did great. I'm so excited for the interview today, and then his baptism on Sunday.

Yesterday for P-day we went to the Studio Giblee Museum (the group that made Ponyo, Castle in the Sky, My neighbor Totoro, and other such movies). It was a lot of fun! I won't be able to upload many photos since I forgot my camera... but I'll be getting some photos from the missionaries we went with instead. I'll probably upload them next week. In anycase, it was a blast. :)

I think that's it for this week, other than maybe that yesterday I rode on the most crowded train I've been on to date... It was CRAZY how many people were on that train... wowz'ers..."

Birthday cake from Eikaiwa (English language class).

Origami made using the books he got as gifts.


Halloween party at the church.

Elder O is helping with the pinata.

Looks odd... tasted odder, still no clue what it was.


More origami, interlocking cubes and a happy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment