Monday, November 26, 2012

Baptisms and Transfers

Our emails from Jeff have been several days late for the last three weeks. Due to temple day on 11/12 and transfers on 11/19 we got 4 short emails from him each of those weeks. Hopefully now we'll be back to a normal schedule. We did get more pictures on the 21st that cover several weeks. It's really nice to get pictures regularly, especially when he's in them :) We think he needs to get a hair cut soon but other than that he's looking great.

Email from 11/13

"So this week was a little bit of a bummer, we had a few of our lessons fall through, and didn't find anybody this week. :\ This coming week though we're really looking forward to a much better week. We think we'll even be able to exceed the standard if we really work for it.

Brother T didn't make his baptismal date this week because at his interview on Tuesday he was still drinking coffee. I guess when we taught and reviewed it that we didn't focus on coffee very well. Regardless, he quit the day after his interview and hasn't had any since. We probably could have gone ahead with the baptism and it would have been OK, but we wanted to make sure so his date got moved to next Sunday. He's looking very promising though. :)

______ still is having a lot of problems. We were able to do a short lesson at a member's house with her, but we haven't heard from her since. I'm really worried that she might not make it to baptism anymore. She still hasn't really recieved her answer, but she does want to know for herself. She hasn't been coming to church because she doesn't think it's very effective if she hasn't recieved her answer yet. :( Apparently we didn't teach her how important coming to church is for recieving answers. She's still planning on coming to the baptismal service next week to see a confirmation.

______, the Mongolian woman that we found through Eikaiwa, was able to come to the Family Home Evening that the Single Adults had Sunday night. It went really well, and she was able to get to know a lot of the members her age. I'm hoping that she'll be able to come to church this next Sunday, but she has work in the mornings, so she may not be able to."
Ninja boy with his origami star
Christmas on Nov 2? Near Tama city center
Tunnel of lights with ocean animals on it, must be Japan :)

Tama is home to Hello Kitty Land

Email from 11/20

"Here's a really brief update that I'll finish later: I'm follow-up training an Elder named Elder P. He's from California. We're serving in Fussa, where there's an American Base. We have two wards, English and Japanese. I'm also District Leader over two Sisters, six Elders, and a senior couple as well as Elder P. I'm not sure why I got so much leadership responability put on me all of a sudden, but I'm excited to work hard. ... other than the lack of time I'm going to start having. *shrug* oh well!"

And the follow up the next day, some of it he duplicated :)

"When I got the call from the Assistants that I'd be follow-up training Elder P. and that I'd be District Leader I was so excited! We're serving in Fussa, where there's an American Base, and we have two wards, both English and Japanese. I love working in Fussa so far, even though we've been SUPER busy it's been very nice to get to work with so many people already. I love all of the missionaries in this district as well! I'm District Leader over two Sisters, six Elders, and a senior couple and of course my companion.  I think I've met almost all of them before and I'm excited to get to work with them.  I'm not sure why I got so much leadership responability put on me all of a sudden, but I'm excited to work hard. ... other than the lack of time I'm going to start having. *shrug* oh well, I'm not complaining!

In recap from what happened last week in Tama though, Elder O. and I a lot of work to do, but we fell short of the standard sadly. We weren't able to find anybody new, and we didn't get to teach as many people as we'd hoped. For some reason a lot of the people we were working with we lost contact with. I'm really sad that I've not been able to contact them recently, but hopefully I'll be able to still email them from Fussa. Plus I know that Elder O. and his new comp. will be able to take over the area very well.

We were also (as you already know I'm sure) able to see a baptism the Sunday before I left. Brother T's baptism was amazing and was a lot of fun to see happen. The ward was so excited, and they all were so happy to have their first baptism this year. Everyone in the church was so happy that day, it was WONDERFUL!"
"Tama Eikaiwa, the last week with me"

Brother T at his baptism.
From left to right, Brother T. (Ward Mission Leader), Elder O., Brother T, Elder Mosdell

FHE at a member's house, fellowshipping the new member

No comments:

Post a Comment