Monday, June 18, 2012

Loving the new area!


"Things are going great in Tama. :) My bike is... well mostly fixed. My 6th and 7th gears don't work right anymore (apparently they're chipped?) but I didn't want to buy new gears so I'm just sticking to 5th and lower for now, which seams to be just fine. Other than that it's been just fine. I dont' remember eating anything too interesting this week. Just what's called the "King size" at a fast food restaurant in Japan. I'll upload photos. It's so big that the chain doesn't post it as an available size, but most missionaries have heard about it. Elder M and I decided we'd give it a try. I timed myself, and it took me a total 17 minutes of non stop eating to finish it, It took him 22 mins. From what I can tell my time was pretty good compared to other missionaries, but I don't plan to do it again anytime soon. :P I was way full, and I didn't eat anything for the whole next 3 meals lol."
King size meal

King size meal 17 min later.


"I found some awesome treasures at a D.I. kind of store today. As well as a great P-day shirt while we were shopping. I bought the P-day shirt, and took photos of the others, I'm sure you'll laugh. :)"  

"The world is filled with Mondays"

Additional thrift store finds? A BSA shirt from Baltimore and a Texas belt!


Other fun photos from this week include:
Cute little brick people and animals

Rice fields

A beautiful rural road

Schweppes British Lemon Tonic



Treasures from an investigator's mountain side home that is being made into a free rest stop and museum in which hikers can rest and/or take refuge from sudden storms.



And some pictures from the outside of Hello Kitty world for the benefit (or torture) of his youngest sister who thinks "We should go on vacation there!"


No comments:

Post a Comment