Saturday, November 19, 2011

First email from Jeff today!

We have received our first contact from the boy, from what he said he is doing well and keeping busy with the language and classes.  His Pday will be Fridays until he leaves the MTC (he only got a few hours for a Pday this week).  He receives mail twice daily and is only able to read email on Fridays. 

The rule for him emailing is that he can only email immediate family and grandparents, at least that is what I've been told. I'm still not clear about the rules on him receiving email from friends and extended family so I'm not sure if I should give out his email or not, for now I'll hold off on that. 

Please send him all the letters you would like to over the next 11 weeks.  I know letters are $.44 each and email is free but I'm not willing to risk getting him in trouble.  Just be aware that postage to Japan will be $1.05 per 1oz letter in January (currently it is $.98 but that wont do us any good will it) I have heard that he may have better email capability once he is in Japan, we'll find out more about that later I suppose.  For now keep the letters coming and make sure you keep Jeff and the others in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment